Avon and Somerset Police are appealing for information after a man suffered substantial head and facial injuries in a late-night assault in Yeovil. The force wants to hear from witnesses and anyone with potentially relevant CCTV, doorbell-camera or dashcam footage.
The assault is believed to have happened between 11.50pm on Saturday, 25 July, and 12.05am on Sunday, 26 July 2026. The victim had been walking from St Michael’s Avenue towards Hawthorn Road when he was attacked.
He was taken to hospital for treatment and has since been discharged. Police said he is recovering. The identities of the victim and the unknown assailant have not been released.
Where the Yeovil appeal is focused
Investigators are examining a route that includes St John’s Road, St Michael’s Avenue and Northbrook Road. Police said nearby streets could also contain information that helps establish what happened.
The appeal is aimed at anyone who was in the area during the short timeframe, including Yeovil residents, motorists and people travelling through the town late on Saturday night or early on Sunday morning. Officers are asking people to think back to anything they may have seen or heard.
Residents and drivers are being asked to check recordings covering late Saturday night through to early Sunday morning, even if they are unsure whether anything captured is connected to the assault.
What footage police are seeking
- Home and business CCTV recordings
- Doorbell-camera footage
- Dashcam footage
The force has specifically named St John’s Road, St Michael’s Avenue and Northbrook Road, along with nearby streets, in its request. The investigation includes house-to-house enquiries and the examination of CCTV from the area.
How to contact Avon and Somerset Police
Officers are continuing enquiries to identify the person responsible. The source report does not state that an arrest has been made.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious, or has potentially relevant information or footage, should contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101, quoting reference 5226211622. Information can also be submitted through the force’s online appeals reporting form.
“We are committed to following every lead to ensure those responsible are held accountable, as the investigation remains active and enquiries continue.”
The appeal was published by Yeovil Today on 22 August 2026 and updated on 23 August 2026.